Cash and credit donations are always acceptable and appreciated. Checks should be made out to the Tri-Cities Food Bank. When needed, the Tri-Cities Food Bank can purchase items at a reduced cost. Donors may also identify Tri-Cities Food Bank on their United Way donor card. The PayPal link to the right is always available. To donate money or food in person, please stop by any of our locations during operating hours or call (509) 582-0411.
To donate in honor or memory of someone special, or a special event, please note that with your donation (if donating through PayPal, use the “note” field) and we will recognize that in our newsfeed on this website.
As always, thank you for your donations!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Tri-Cities Food Bank suggests the following items for donation:
- Sugar – 5 pound bags
- Flour – 5 pound bags
- Rice – 1 pound bags
- Beans – 1 pound bags
- Dried Peas – 1 pound bags
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Hamburger Helper
- Tuna Helper
- Mac & Cheese
- Fruit – all types
- Vegetables – Corn, Peas, Beans, Mixed Vegetables
- Baby Food
- Evaporated or Powdered Milk
- Cake Mix
- Home grown fresh produce is always welcome
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* Individual donations over $250 throughout the year will receive a postcard acknowledging receipt, but not amounts.
* If further documentation of any individual donation is required, please notify us at the time of your donation.
* For written receipt of PayPal donations, please enter your mailing address information.
* For all cumulative donations over $250, we will send one acknowledgment letter in January, with your donations total. This letter will fulfill all IRS requirements for you to claim your generous donations as a deduction.
* Tax receipts for cumulative amounts under $250 may be provided by email request to email@example.com. Please provide your name(s), address, approximate date of donation, check number, and amount of donation.
* To receive credit for your donations for the current year, donations made by check and submitted by U.S. mail must be postmarked by the last working day of December. Due to postal delays experienced during the holiday season, and to help ensure credit to the correct tax year, we encourage donors to mail gifts several days in advance.